In a meeting of reprensentatives of
HIPPY programs around the world, the goals of HIPPY were
defined as follows:
- HIPPY is
- Increasing the chances of positive early school
experience among children who may be educationally at
- Empowering parents to view themselves as primary
educators of their children.
- Creating an educational environment in the home that
- Fostering parental involvement in school and community
- Providing parents with the opportunity of becoming
home visitors in their own community.
- Helping home visitors develop skills and work
experience needed to compete successfully for other jobs
in local labor markets.
- Stimulating the cognitive development of the child.
- Improving interaction between parents and their
- Teaching parents and children the joy of learning.
- Breaking through the social insolation of the